Thursday, September 27, 2012

Siblings

Hayden, Colton, Easton,

From the day I found out I was going to be a mommy, I started praying for my future children. I prayed many things. One thing that I pray continually is that as you grow, you will grow together. That you will look to each other as not only siblings, but as friends...best friends. You see, my best friends are my sisters and my brother. No, we did not always get along...we fought...A LOT...we still do. But at the end of the day, they are your family...sometimes the only ones you've got. You won't always look at it that way, but it is the truth. I know you don't think I know a lot, but I do know that one as a fact. Life is messy. You will need each other. As you grow, you will fight with each other, you will sometimes even hate each other. But you are brothers and sister. You are family. So get over it. Life's too short to hold on to grudges. Forgive quickly. Rejoice with each other, cry with each other. Don't hide from each other. Laugh together. Have fun together. Hold each other. Build each other up...not tear each other down. Stand up for each other. Protect each other. Trust each other. You will not always see eye to eye. Agree to disagree. I never, ever want any of you to doubt the love of our family. God has brought you three together as siblings. LOVE each other deeply.

Love,
Mommy


No comments: