Tuesday, September 25, 2012

ABC's of the Bible

I realize I have already written a blog post today, but I wanted to add this one as well. I am horrible with memorizing things. My short term memory STINKS. I was at a Christian school for grades 7-12 and had to memorize Bible verses weekly. I could memorize it and then write it down, get my grade, but then would forget it by the end of the day. I have to write down everything because I will forget it. If it is not written down within 15 minutes of getting the information, don't count me remembering. 
Soooo...because of that reason, I found on Pinterest (don't judge!) different verses for the children and I to start memorizing. 

A- "As for God, his way is perfect." Ps. 18:30
B- "Be strong and courageous. God is with you." Josh.1:9
C- "Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right." Eph. 6:1
D- "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart." Ps 37:4
E- "Every good and perfect gift is from above." James 1:17
F- "For nothing is impossible with God." Luke 1:37
G- "God is love." 1 John 4:8
H- "Honor your father and your mother." Ex. 20:12
I- "I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against God." Ps. 119:11
J- "Jesus said, I am the way and the truth and the life." John 14:6
K- "Keep your lips from speaking lies." Ps. 34:13
L- "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and strength." Deut. 6:5
M- "My help comes from the Lord." Ps. 121:2
N- "Nothing can separate us from God's love." Romans 8:39
O- "Oh Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever." Ps. 30:15
P- "Praise the Lord." Ps. 103:1
Q- "in Quietness and trust is your strength." Isaiah 30:15
R- "Rejoice in the Lord always." Phil. 4:4
S- "Surely God is my help." Ps. 54:4
T- "Trust in the Lord with all your heart." Proverbs 3:5
U- "Understanding is a fountain of life." Proverbs 16:22
V- "with God we will gain the VICTORY." Ps. 60:12
W- "When I am afraid, I will trust in you." Ps. 56:3
X- "Let us eXalt his name together." Ps. 34:3
Y- "You are the light of the world." Mt. 5:14
Z- "Zion hears and rejoices." Ps. 97:8

No comments: