Friday, October 28, 2011

Hayden is 3!


Dear my little Hayden,

You have now been in our lives for three years. Time has flown by so very quickly. Every day I wake up and I can’t wait to see your smiling, beautiful face. You have been such a blessing in our lives and I thank God for placing you in our family every day. I couldn’t imagine life with you.

I love that when you smile, your eyes smile as well. I love that you still call your brother “Bubby”. Except for when you are mad at him, which is when you call him “Colt-en”. I love that you love him and laugh with him until you start snorting. I love your energy…you have lots of it! I love how you are such a dare devil and are fearless. I love that you call yourself “daddy’s girl” and you want to always watch “hootball” with him. I love that you get worried when someone is crying. I love how you ask questions. I love that you love to cuddle when you aren’t feeling well or when you are super tired. I love that you watch I Love Lucy with me and even laugh. I love your laugh…it’s contagious. I love the way you give kisses. I love that you have nick names for people and movies. I love that you get SO excited when Daddy gets home from work. I love that you aren’t shy. I love your gentle spirit. I love that you need your blanket wherever you go. I love that you love your friends and ask for them constantly…including family members. I love the way you walk, with your toes pointed in. I love the way you love to dress yourself…in Bubby’s clothes with shoes on the wrong feet. I love how you help me bake every Thursday night. I love the way you are independent…very independent. I love how you carry on conversations with us and the way you talk with such animation. I love how you keep yourself entertained but still like to play and read with Mommy and Daddy.
You have grown up SO much over this past year. Your daddy and I just look at each other and can’t believe how much you have changed. You are no longer a toddler. You are our little girl. You are now fully potty trained (thanks to another 3-year-old).  You dress yourself. You help cook and bake. You take care of Bubby. You clean up your place after we eat. You know to stay in our yard.

As you grow, I continue to pray for you everyday. You are special, Hayden. Sometimes it hurts so much because of the amount of love I have for you. You are loved. Not only by your family and friends, but by God. You are His child. I pray that as you grow, you learn to know Him more everyday. I pray that you learn to trust Him in everything and lean on Him. I pray that you let Him use you to His glory. It is hard to say, but God loves you even more. You are HIS. I pray that you always know His faithfulness and never stray. I pray that you love Him with ALL of your heart. Know that he will NEVER leave you, no matter the circumstance. You will have people come and go in your life. You will go through hurt. But God will never leave you. He will always take care of you. I pray that you will be able to look at your father and me as Godly examples.

Hayden, we love you more than words can even express. We are so proud to call you our daughter. We will ALWAYS be here for you.  We will ALWAYS love you. Nothing can change that.

Love you,
Mommy

No comments: