Wednesday, October 5, 2011

This is me.

"Why compare yourself with others?No one in the entire world can do a better job of being you than you."

I have been struggling with something recently...well...ok...all my life. But lately I feel that it has been a little worse than normal. It is something that my best friend as well as my husband tell me over and over I can't do...and that is to compare myself to others. Do you ever feel like you do this? PLEASE tell me I am not the ONLY one! It isn't because I don't like who I am or anything like that.
I have questions that flow through me like:
-Am I as nice/pretty/smart as so and so?
-What are people thinking of me?
-Would what I do/say make a difference?
-Would my actions make me accepted?
-Am I funny enough for this person to like me?
OR thoughts like:
-I wish I was as kind as her.
-I wish people looked to me like they do her.
-I wonder if people think of me as someone they can trust like they do her.
You know, the insecure side of me pops up. I aim to please people too much. 
Anyways, I have been reading my usual blogs that I LOVE reading EVERY day and I have finally accepted that I am the best "me" there is. I have heard/seen this MANY times, but I think it is FINALLY sinking into my hard head. I have to stop trying to be who I think people want me to be and just. be. me. I have to stop trying to say things and act different ways that I think will make people like me. 
I AM that mom that sleeps on my daughter's floor just so she will sleep through the night.
I AM that wife that makes mistakes...lots of them.
I AM that mom/wife/daughter/sister/friend that WORRIES nonstop about the safety and health of my kids, husband, sisters/brother, and friends.
I AM that girl that only has 3 close friends...they are the only ones that put up with all my crap and still love me through everything.
I AM that girl that stays up LATE just to read my daily blogs.
I AM that girl that wants to make people laugh.
I AM that girl that constantly forgets things.
I AM that mom that likes my kids on a schedule...it helps me function better.
I AM that wife that calls her husband CONSTANTLY just to hear his voice.
I AM that mom that wants to me with her kids every second...although I can't be.
I AM that person that has to write everything down just so I can cross it off after I accomplish it.
I AM that mom that messes up in the kitchen on a regular basis.

This is who I am. Take it or leave it. 

"To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are."


No comments: