Sunday, October 23, 2011

Hayden's "Party Day"

Today was a very special day. We celebrated Hayden's 3rd birthday with friends and family (her real birthday is this coming Friday). Can I just say how blessed we are to be surrounded by such love and encouragement? Cause we are. If you were there today, thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for being there to celebrate our baby girl. 
Over a month ago, I started looking around online for some ideas for her party. I knew right away we wanted a Minnie Mouse theme, because, after all, she is OBSESSED with the mouse. It took a LOT of time, patience, lists, and people to do this. I know it was just a birthday party that she will probably never remember, but I still wanted to make it special. (below are pictures just so I can have them documented...so you probably don't really care what the entire process looked like!)
It all started with the invitation...
(took the address off for all those creepers:)

 The lighting isn't the greatest but you get the point!

 This is the banner that Hayden helped me with...

I had the banner and some of the other little craft things done by Saturday, so I thought all I needed to do was decorate my parents' house and make the cake and cupcakes. OH MY GOODNESS...the entire process took ALL DAY!!! And man, I have to give a shout out to Sarah and her friend Bethany, Mom, grandma, Kris and Dad for working their TAILS off all day to get everything ready. 
While I attempted the cake and cupcakes...
 Oh...and I am not a fan of fondant...didn't know you were supposed to wear gloves...so my hands are still a little black and so is my armpit...don't ask. 
 My not so professional cake
It still turned out edible at least:)
Sarah and Bethany worked on these beauties...

Kristen worked on this...:)
Anddddd I just realized all of the other pictures from the pre-party are on the other camera at my parents':) Soooo...I will have to add to this later. But, here is the jist of the rest of the day...while the cake was baking and the icing being dyed, Grandma helped me make the cupcakes, but Nic wanted chocolate and the cupcake paper things were light pink with white dots...the chocolate leaked through the paper...we ran out of the stupid icing...Sarah and Bethany had to make an errand run for everything we ran out of/forgot...dad had to remake the cupcakes with yellow cake late in the night...mom worked on arranging the dessert table and food table decorations (and let me tell you...the decisions that went into every detail took one heck of a long time when every person had to agree on it!)...I worked on the fondant (I will never know how people make their cakes look so perfect with this stuff) and got black food coloring all over me (including my armpit and behind the ear)...took a little break to play a card game (which lasted maybe 20 minutes due to lack of knowledge of game)...cleared out everything that has to do with dog (gates, kennel, hair, toys, training cots)...attempted to make a Minnie head out of 3 styrofoam balls by spray painting them only to find out the spray paint ate the styrofoam and the head shrunk (but Bethany did a heck of a job on Minnie's bow!)...enterted 2 children that seem to never lack energy...and so on. But let me tell you something. This weekend was the best weekend I have had for a long time. My family and friends mean the world to me. And this weekend we were surrounded by them (I wish my bro, sis in law, and niece were here though...then it would be complete:)). 
Yes, it was a wonderful, beautiful, perfect weekend full of laughter and happy memories.





























Hayden loved her "party day":)

Have a wonderful week, friends!

No comments: