Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Eve

Wow...what a week it has been. My poor babies have been sick since Thursday night. I absolutely hate not being able to make them feel better. The upside of having kids that don't feel good is they want their momma. It took me awhile to figure out how to hold all three of them at the same time so everyone is comfortable but we are now pros. They have battled high fevers, gone through packages of Boogie Wipes, watched movie after movie, and slept often.
Colt still has a never ending flow of snottage and a horrendous hacking cough, but still moving and grooving.
Hayden took a turn for the worst last night and we ended up in the ER after celebrating Christmas with Nic's dad and step mom. She hadn't eaten since Thursday and wasn't drinking anything. She wouldn't move by herself and didn't want to do ANYTHING...even open presents. She just wasn't herself...and it was kind of scary. Her temp never went below 101 degrees. I ended up calling the pediatrician on call who told us we needed to take her into the ER.
I can tell you one thing...I was incredibly proud of how she handled being in the ER. She did everything the doctor and nurses told her. She ended up having to be hooked up with an IV. The doctor said she was VERY dehydrated. Nic was my rock through this. Seeing your baby girl hooked up like that isn't quite easy. She was great through the whole thing.




By the time we got home, she was wiped and ended up sleeping 9 straight hours (that is a lot for her). She woke up this morning with a smile on her face and was walking by herself! We had the kids open their presents this morning since we are staying at my parents' tonight. I couldn't take my eyes of my babies today. I just kept thanking God that I was able to watching them open those presents and enjoy Christmas Eve. My heart is still breaking for the families that won't be able to do that in Connecticut.
We ate our Christmas breakfast casserole (well, only Nic and I did...the kids still didn't have an appetite) and watched Home Alone.
Hayden progressively got worse throughout the day and was back to the way she was acting yesterday. But with the help of my dad and sister, we were able to get enough fluids down her and by night she was back to normal. We spent the evening with the Clems and had a wonderful time.
I just wish my brother, sister-in-law, and niece were here and then we would be complete again. I miss them.



































It's almost Christmas day...Jesus' birthday...can't wait to celebrate our Savior tomorrow!

No comments: