Friday, June 29, 2012

Trying to Stay Cool...Literally!

So apparently just because it is summer doesn't mean that I have included time to blog...oops. You would think that I would have all the time in the world now that I didn't have to wake up every day and go to school. WRONG! 
Our days have consisted of not busy work, but just time being with each other. The time that I was at work before has now been replaced with playing with my babies, cleaning the house, doing laundry/dishes, and just enjoying not having to "work". 
Here are some of the things that we have been up to lately:
*Nic has been gone most of the summer to different trainings and will be done this week...THANK THE LORD! He has been to Tennessee and then to Fort Wayne. We have missed him at home...big time! This week he has been in Merit (spelling?) Training for the department. NEXT WEEK HE IS HOME ALL WEEK! Not so sure he knows what he is in for. My list has grown to new lengths! Hopefully one of those "to do" things will include painting the boys' room. :)
*Sarah was able to go to Wisconsin to do some more tests on her leg and hopefully find some answers. Now, I am NO doctor, so I am not going to even try to pretend to write out what I think they found. I do know that they are looking at another surgery. After the first test and consult, they decided to do another test because the doctor felt like she still has an anatomical entrapment farther up than the functional entrapment was. They are afraid she might have a similar problem in the other leg. They had a major test last night but won't know anything until later today or Monday. My heart breaks for my baby sister. We all know that God has a plan through this and is guiding Sarah through this, but I also know it is hard to not know what is wrong and if it could ever be fixed. It is easy for me to tell her to keep trusting God and keep leaning on Him for strength and comfort. Please keep her in her prayers. And also pray that God will just give the doctors wisdom and clarity. We aren't sure what the next step is going to be. 
*We have been filling our days with lots of outside fun. Because of the heat that we are having, we are making sure to stay cool by playing in water:) The kids have fallen in love with their new sand table as well. 
Time at the spray park...again:)

 Gotta get the ice cream in there somewhere...
 Keeping Momma's feet cool...



 At the campground...

 Loving the sand this year...


 Went to Silver Beach with Gamma and Poppy...







 Even kept cool in the hot tub...with "gwape water"

 Went to The Stray Dog and then to the beach in New Buffalo...









Phew that's a lot of pictures! I am finding that the later in the pregnancy I am getting, the lazier I am becoming with my words:) Pictures say so much more!

No comments: