Monday, June 18, 2012

Colt's Hair Cut

Ok, so I was just looking through my blog and realized I wrote this post on Friday, but never posted it...oops!! So pretend it is last Friday, June 15th!

Today was quite a day. It started off with my husband waking up with the kids so this tired momma could get some sleep. It was quite wonderful, if I may say so myself. I woke up to the kids all bathed, fed, and clothed.
After I got my lazy booty out of bed and dressed, the kids and I took a little walk to our creek while Nic mowed the lawn. This place turned into one of my favorite places last summer. It is just a little place to sit and think. The kids like to sit on the little ledge and throw rocks and sticks into the water. This keeps them entertained for quite a while.
What happened next, I never thought I would hear. Nic suggested taking Colt to get his hair cut. WHAT?! I have been begging to cut the kid's hair for over a year! I had cut it awhile ago, but just a little trim. Nothing big. So I just assumed he meant a trim. Nic is quite fond of his little boy's hair. So, we walked in and handed him over to a nice lady. When all was said and done, we had a little man instead of a baby boy looking at us. He was quite something to watch as she cut it. He kept smiling at himself in the mirror and sat perfectly still. He was such a little stud. I do have to admit I teared up a couple times watching the inches of hair falling to the ground.



















We ended with a trip to McDonald's and eat ice cream!







No comments: