Monday, June 18, 2012

Update on Little Easton

Yes, I realize this will make 3 posts in one day, but I figure I might as well keep going while I am by myself and all is quiet in the house:)
I haven't really recorded much on Easton and I realize it may be because I have been busy chasing 2 CRAZY kids. But, I want to remember this pregnancy, because after all, it will probably be my last pregnancy. That is hard to type out. It is hard to see typed out. But it is the truth.
This pregnancy has been different than the others by a mile. It has been going fast. I have loved almost every second of this pregnancy (I could have done without the whole sickness the first 12 weeks). I am now about 31 weeks, so I am in my 3rd trimester. Can you believe it? I know, it's crazy. Easton moves constantly. There is not a moment that I sit down to rest that I don't feel the little guy boxing my insides. Sometimes I wonder if this is how Bella felt when she was pregnant:) Ha. Just kidding. I do NOT have a vampire inside of me that wants me to drink blood. But still, that is how strong I feel my baby is. BUT I love it. I thank God for the life inside of me and that I was chosen to be Easton's mom. All my doctor appointments have been great. Everything is going the way it is supposed to. While I am on track with my weight gain from my other pregnancies, I still feel like Shamu...and I feel like the weight is all in my butt and thighs...yikes. I know, I know, it will come off and it is all worth it. But STILL! I have felt great and am very blessed. My back pain hasn't been as bad as it was awhile ago, which I am thankful for. Although I still get very tired, I feel that God gives me the energy that I need to go from day to day, taking care of my of the kids and still being their mommy that plays with them. Somedays I don't know how I get through the day with barely any sleep, but I am thankful for it.
While I have enjoyed being pregnant and I will miss this feeling terribly, I will not miss the hormones that go with it. I got to tell ya, I am tired of the tears...especially the ones that are for no reason at all. My daughter can look at me the wrong way and I fall apart. I am pretty sure my co-workers thought I was about as crazy as they come. I am pretty sure they are right. For heaven's sake I started crying because I couldn't get both of my kids on my lap at the same time. I cried because my husband didn't kiss me before going to work (and I was asleep!). I cry almost every single night just because I dread trying to sleep without success due to my restless legs. I am telling you, I am a complete mess. This isn't me! I HATE crying. So I am pretty sure this is the hardest part of the pregnancy.
Ok, enough of that.
So, we are in single digits for the week countdown. I am so completely excited to meet this little guy moving and grooving inside of me. I can't wait to hold him and kiss him and just stare at him. According to my cool little app, Easton is about the size of an small melon and about 3 pounds. He now opens and closes his eyes. His brain is now more fully developed, with speech and language centers in the process of development.
I can already tell you that he is going to be a precious baby. He is going to be one loved baby boy...he already is.

No comments: