Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Weekend

We are down to FIVE days of school left. I keep telling myself that only 5 more days and then I can worry about all the laundry, dishes, clothes, toys, and other weird things scattered throughout my house. I just hope that once summer finally does come that I will be a disciplined wife and mother and actually tackle those things:)
Anyways, this past weekend was Memorial Day. Here are some pictures from the weekend.
Friday night we joined my family for some Uptown Kitchen. While we were waiting for our food, my dad took the kids for a walk. Well, it ended up that Colt broke a ceramic football in one of the stores so my dad ended up buying a whole bunch of chocolate covered strawberries and 2 teddy bears to make up for it...

After sleeping in a little on Saturday, the kids and I joined Nic out at the ball field for his tournament. Unfortunately, I was a little too busy taking pictures for the team that I didn't take any of my kids:) But they certainly enjoyed themselves as they played in the dirt, chased each other, and threw rocks. Hey, whatever makes them happy if they aren't hurting anyone or anything!
Sunday, get this, Nic and I went to the Indy 500. Yes, that's right, the hottest day of the year so far and we went. Nic received 4 tickets so we went with another couple. At one point it was 130 degrees on the race track. Let's just say that being 7 months pregnant in that kind of heat is quite a sight. Not only did I almost pass out getting INTO the race track from walking in the heat and being body to body with sweaty, smelly people, I also found shade under a tree and completely fell asleep for about an hour and a half! Oops! I do have to admit the beginning of the race was quite amazing. I was afraid that it would be loud, but it really wasn't too bad. It was kind of neat. I think I lasted watching 50 of the 200 laps. Below is a pic of the beginning of the race and then a pic of Laura and I passed out:)
We spent Monday afternoon on the boat with my family and then the evening at the campgrounds. It was safe to say the kids were worn out and slept great!





















No comments: