Saturday, May 12, 2012

To My Mom

Dear Mom,
Today I am reflecting on this past year. It has been a tough one...many ups and downs. There have been many tears and many laughs. I want to thank you for being that person (other than my husband:)) that has allowed me to share those tears and laughs with. Thank you for being that quiet listener and encourager without judgment but telling me to suck it up at the same time. Thank you for your prayers and for your wisdom. Thank you for your unconditional love...especially when I am not so lovable:) Thank you for your time.
You are an amazing role model not only to your daughters and son, but to your grandchildren. I cannot put into words the blessing you have been on my own little family. You have taken my kids as your own this past year when I went back to work and have loved them and played with them. You spoil them like no other:) You have poured your life into them. I will be forever grateful for the sacrifices that were made. Each day that you show up to the house and I watch my children grin from ear to ear and their eyes light up, I thank God. I know it isn't always the easiest and sometimes downright tear-your-hair-out craziness, but you just keep loving them and showering them with patience and kindness. Thank you.
Thank you for being a best friend, a mother, and a grandmother to my children.
I hope you have an amazing birthday and Mother's Day. You deserve every ounce of it.
Love you more than words can say.
Your daughter,
Tori



No comments: