Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Weekend Away from the House

So, we have my parents' house for the weekend. I feel like we are on vacation. Ha! They went to Ft. Wayne for the weekend and asked if we would stay to watch the dog. Really had to twist my arm...NOT! I jumped at the idea.
As we speak, Hayden and I are cuddled up on the couch. She is "reading" her books from Poppy and Gamma, I am obviously writing this, and we have Ramona and Beezus playing on the TV. Bubby is sound asleep. Life is good. Now if only Nic were here...stinkin' work. Oh, and if mom and dad are reading this...the dog is just fine...she has been laying around the house if she isn't following Nic's every move:)
The kids have loved being here as well, of course. After taking a LONG bath in Poppy and Gamma's huge tub (the kids), we had family pictures this morning with my friend, Brittani Cole, came back to take a nap, and then the kids spent the rest of the afternoon outside with their water table. We even grilled out and enjoyed some chicken and corn on the cob.
All in all, it has been a great weekend so far. Just wish Monday wasn't just around the corner:)

No comments: