Sunday, May 20, 2012

Fun in the Sun

I seriously wonder when life will start to get not so busy. I miss you, blog. Maybe this summer?? I hope so! It is now Sunday evening and I am sitting here in quietness, watching Lucy. Hayden and Colt are sleeping. Laundry is going and the dishes are done...the rest of the house I don't care about at the second. I told Nic I feel like all I do is run around the house, cleaning, chasing kids, and not being able to sit until 9:30 at night. I'm not complaining, just stating the facts. I just wish life would slow down at times so I could sit back and enjoy it without a worry in the world. Ha!
This weekend was one of the best I have had in a while. It was packed with family and sun. Just what I love. My parents took the kids with them to an open house on Saturday while I got to spend some much needed time with my sisters. We had a LONG lunch at Hacienda, went back to my parents' and just relaxed with a movie and blizzards. Not too exciting, but was just what I needed. We were able to just sit, relax, and talk...and laugh. The kids had a pretty amazing day too with Poppy and Gamma. They got to swim at the open house. They absolutely adore their grandparents and I am so thankful for the time they spend with my two rascals. When they returned, Nic headed over and we ventured out to Notre Dame for dinner at Brothers and then some ice cream at Kilwins. Nic and I took the kids home and then ended the night with a fire.

Today was another great day as we headed out to Eby Pines to help Wass set up their camper. Although it was HOT, the day could not have been more perfect. I told Nic how much I love this age with the kids because I didn't have to watch the kids' EVERY move and chase them around the whole campground. They were able to entertain themselves and enjoyed every second of the day. They played with water balloons, went on a golf cart ride, threw rocks in the pond, and played on the Slip n' Slide for hours. Somehow I was lucky enough to go in the nice air conditioned camper and fell asleep for a couple of hours. Thank you, Nic! Needless to say, the kids fell asleep about 5 minutes after we got in the car to come home. After watching the kids this weekend, I told Nic I wasn't sure if I was proud or scared of how fearless my babies are. Between jumping into the pool and totally head diving into the Slip n' Slide, I just don't know!



 The above pic is a little fuzzy, but I really liked it:)















Oh, and I barely did any house work and I don't even care!

No comments: