Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Days 2 and 3

I can honestly say that I do not remember the last time that I was this relaxed. This week has been perfect so far.
Each morning I have been able to wake up to the sun coming up and enjoy the heat from our balcony with Bible in hand and breakfast next to me. I am finding that the mornings are my favorite so far because of just being able to reflect and thanking God for the beauty surrounding me.
The first morning we were all up to enjoy the sunrise, which was breathtaking. We were surprised that we were up that early but then we realized we had slept for like 12 hours:) The last two days we have spent just hanging out at the pool, taking random walks on the beach, playing pick-up volleyball games with new friends (well, the boys played), playing cornhole and shuffle board, reading, dips in the pool, and just plain relaxing. Tara and I keep laughing whenever we hear a child and look up wondering if they are calling for us. They aren't.
When the evening comes, we get ready and then get some dinner. My favorite so far has been Crabby Joe's, where we got to eat outside on a long pier. We were able to see some stingrays, which I didn't know were even around here, and some dolphins. Sometimes I think I should have been a marine biologist. I acted like a little kid when I saw them, of course.
We usually walk around after dinner and try to find some live music, which we finally did last night. The band was actually fun to listen to! Loud, but fun!
Then we realize how old we are and return to our room where we zonk out like grandma's and grandpa's (Grandma, please take no offense to this!).
I have been calling home everyday to check up on my little munchkins, who are getting completely spoiled by their grandparents. It is hard to hear them talking in the background or on the phone because I miss them terribly. I am so thankful my parents were willing to watch them this week so I can be a complete ease knowing they are going to have so much fun and be well taken care of.
My camera is in the car right now but here are some pics from my phone:)












I added this one when we thought we got locked out of room:)

No comments: