Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Colt is now TWO!!!

Dear Sweet Colton,

You are now two years old. You are officially the most active, loving, full-of-life toddler to walk (run) the planet. You have the sweetest personality but also know how to push people's buttons, especially your sister's. You wake up every day with the biggest smile on your face and your hair every which way. It gives waking up early such joy.



Not only do you melt my heart every time I look into those big chocolate brown eyes, you make it nearly impossible for me to get mad at you. You know when you get in trouble because you run away with a huge grin and look out the corner of your eyes to see if we are watching you. You even smile in time out. You are full of joy. Who can stay mad for long after just looking at you?

I am so proud to be your momma, Colt. I already can tell you have a big heart and are aware of the feelings of those around you. You aren't a huge cuddler, but you do love to give kisses and hugs...especially to girls:) You aren't shy one bit and love to wave at people walking by in the stores and say, "hi!" You talk ALL the time...in full sentences. Sometimes I wonder if it is English, but most of the time I can tell what you are saying. You are very bright and love to ask questions. You love your big sister but also love to annoy her. When you guys do get along it is the best thing in the world. Your laughter lights up any room. You still are obsessed with basketballs and will shoot baskets for hours. Everyone comments on how well you can dribble and throw. You can keep yourself entertained and are probably one of the most messiest kids alive, but you love life.

I pray that you stay this way for a very long time. I pray that you will continue to love life and continue to explore. I pray that you continue to love the way you do. I pray that you will always smile when you wake each morning. I pray that you will continue to grow to be a strong, confident boy in Christ. I also pray that you continue to grow into the boy and man that God wants you to be. I pray that you choose to walk and follow after Him. I pray that you will be a leader to those who are around you. Your father and I love you more than you will ever know. We will love you no matter the circumstance and will pray for you every day. God has blessed us beyond anything we could ever imagine by giving us you, your sister, and your brother.

Love you precious boy,
Mommy

P.S. Your birthday was the perfect day. We went to the Notre Dame Blue and Gold game, walked around campus, enjoyed dinner with Gamma and Poppy. The weather was beautiful and you absolutely loved the game:)

No comments: