Thursday, February 23, 2012

Unplanned Day Off= Blessing

This whole no-internet thing is GETTING ON MY NERVES and really hurting my blogging time!! Ok, I got that out.
This past couple of weeks has gone by in a blink of an eye. Just wanted to jot down some things I don't want to forget.
*Last week was my first nurse's appointment and then my first doctor's appointment this week. I can't tell you the joy it brings to my heart every time I hear the little heartbeat of my baby. It makes everything in the world seem right. Everything went really well!
*Last weekend we had a 4 day weekend. We didn't plan anything and it made for the perfect weekend! Lots of nothing and lounging around! We did hang out with our other half, the Spiveys, and I did get to see my sister Sarah and her friends from Taylor. Now, I wasn't going to write this because it is embarrassing but it is also a little funny. So, I was feeling pretty good on Monday, so I started cleaning and ended up cleaning for most of the day. Now, usually that is what I do...I like to have a clean house. However, for the last 10 weeks I haven't done a ton of cleaning because of being so sick and just so darn tired. When I woke up Tuesday, I felt like I had run a marathon or something  because I was SO SORE. I kept racking my mind of why I could feel this sore...well...it is because I actually cleaned the day before. How pathetic is that?!
*Hayden tried flushing a WHOLE roll of toilet paper. When it wouldn't go down, she pulled all of it out of the toilet and placed it nicely on the rug. Not fun.
*Colt has played with his big basketball hoop every day for the past week...night and day.
*Yesterday Nic, the kids, and I went with my mom down to Grace College to meet up with Sarah for the basketball game.
*Today we had a 2 hour delay due to fog that turned into no school. The best blessing in disguise. We decided it would that it would be pajama day...the only thing is pajama day to the kids meant Hayden only wearing underwear all day and Colt only wearing a shirt and diaper all day. We cuddled to some cartoons, ate breakfast while sitting on top of the counter, played basketball, had a stuffed "mamimal" party in the living room (in which Hayden spent a great amount of time placing each animal exactly where she wanted it only to have her sweet brother come run through and tear everything apart), played more basketball, ate some lunch all off of one plate, read some books, had a wrestling match, watched Colton totally attack his sister, played more basketball, took a nap, layed on the floor and wrestled some more, played more basketball, went to dinner for Tracy's birthday, came home, now blogging:) Loved this day with my 2 babies more than words can say.










No comments: