Sunday, February 12, 2012

Random

Today I am missing my grandpa...painfully missing him. A year ago tomorrow, my grandpa left this Earth to be with Jesus. As happy as that makes me, the selfish part of me wants him back so incredibly bad. I dream about him every once in a while, when I fall asleep missing him. I dream of him holding Colton. He loved that little boy so much. I dream about sitting with him laughing at his sarcasm. I dream of him chatting with Hayden listening to her talk in her own language. I even dream that I am a little kid again and he is pushing me on the swings at their house in Bloomington.
This year has been hard without him here. It has been even harder to watch my grandma miss her husband, her other half.
I have a picture of my grandpa and grandma from years ago sitting beside my bed. Hayden will walk up to it every time she comes into our room and says, "that's gampa." I always smile at that. I wish so badly that Hayden and Colton and even this new little baby inside me would have been able to grow up knowing him.
I miss you, Grandpa!

On a lighter not, here are a few random thoughts from the week:
*Hayden has found a new favorite hobby...actually 2: Going on "dates" with her dad and making up songs to sing to herself.
*Colt has been talking up a storm with new phrases.
*Nic is still working out like a mad man and man is he looking hot:) The downside to this is as he is getting all hot and in shape, I am getting all fat and huge:)
*Speaking of huge, I am now in my 12th week of this pregnancy. I swear I wasn't this big until I was like week 16 or 17 with the others. I have fallen totally in love with this new little baby and just cannot wait to hold him or her in my arms. I had an ultrasound on Thursday evening and it was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. At only 12 weeks, we were able to watch our little baby jump and flip around like crazy. The arms and legs were moving and we got to see and hear the heartbeat. It was truly something that made me think, "wow, God is GOOD." We did get a little video of the baby, but he/she was resting after showing off:)

That's all for now. I have pictures but I can't download them on this computer, so I will have to wait.

No comments: