Sunday, January 8, 2012

Is break over already? :(

Hmmmm...didn't realize it has been a whole week since my last post. Maybe that is because I have felt like there just hasn't been time to sit down and write. I need to get back in the groove of things. I can hardly believe that tomorrow we return to school. These past 2 weeks have been great...Especially since we have been together as a whole family for the last week. 

We returned from Tennessee on Friday. You know, it was a great week away with my little family...but man, am I tired. Going on vacation with 2 toddlers is a lot of work. I didn't post during the week because, well, we did the same thing almost every day. We got up, made breakfast, hung out until the water park opened, went to the water park until nap time, returned to our little room for naps and lunch, get up and go back to the water park, come back, make dinner/grab dinner out to get out of the room, come back, play, go to bed. Since we were all in one room, we went to bed when the kids did. If you ask me, I loved it. I was exhausted by the time bedtime rolled around. We did get to go out hiking one of the warmer days, which the kids LOVED. I think they would have stayed by the stream all day if we would let them. One thing I absolutely adored this "cation", as Hayden put it, was watching Nic with our babies. They wanted to be held by him constantly and just wanted to be with him. It meant the world to them that they had the undivided attention of BOTH of their parents for a whole week. Now, again, the pics below aren't the best quality because they are from my phone. :)















It will be hard to leave these precious babies tomorrow morning as we return to our routine. But I know that God gave us that time because he knew we needed it as a family. As I listen to them run around the house, laughing at each other, I can't help but thank God for His blessings on our family. We have our times, and man do we, but right now the pure innocence of their giggles makes the whole world right. 

No comments: