Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Santa and Pierced Ears!

So it's Monday again...I just can't seem to keep up with this blog as much as I would like to. Maybe it is the crazy life we lead hear at the Minder household...or maybe just my laziness:) Anyways, we are now into December, which means almost every weekend is filled up, every night filled with Christmas movies (well, most), and lots of family time. This is my favorite month of the year. Sometimes it is a little overwhelming, but still, it is my favorite.
One thing that we did when Hayden was first born was take her to see Santa. Even though she could care less about the whole thing, we took her any way to get a picture of her and Santa. Last year we just never got to the mall and just didn't ever think about it. Then Christmas was over and I had wished we would have gone to take the kids. Sooooo...this year I was adamant about taking the kids and get their picture. We decided we were going to take the kids to the fire department for Breakfast with Santa on Saturday morning. However, I didn't expect every family from Elkhart County to go as well:) While we did get some yummy breakfast, we didn't get the chance to see Santa. Well, we just didn't want to wait in the mile long line with 2 kids in a crowded place with winter coats and all. We packed the kids up and decided to go home. On our way home we decided to try the mall to see if it was crowded. To our surprise we were the only ones in line to see Santa. The kids LOVED it:)

As we were leaving, I was joking as we went by Claire's in by saying, "Hayden, do you want to get your ears pierced?" I knew that Nic would say 'no' and would put his foot down. "Yes, mom!! I want ears like yours!" Oops! Didn't expect that AT ALL. Even more, I was SHOCKED when I heard Nic's reply. "Are you sure Hayden?" Well, she loves her new ears, even after "the lady cut my ear off" and "my ear is falling off" comments. She was a champ and only cried for about 30 seconds.





That night we went to Bethlehem Live at the Crossroads church. We were excited for the kids to experience it. However, the 2 1/2 hour wait was a little much. The good thing was they had worship music going on for those who waited. I brought the camera but left it in the car:)
All in all, it was a great weekend with the little fam. The kids are back to their usual selves, which has been such a blessing.

No comments: