Sunday, December 18, 2011

Anniversary Surprise

Do you ever get to the point where you ask yourself, "how much am I am able to handle until I break?" I was definitely in that place on Friday evening. It was an exhausting week with sleepless nights, working all day, and then coming home to CRABBY children. I was beginning to break. Moms, I am sure you have felt this way before.
Friday was our 5th anniversary. We barely spoke throughout the day due to Nic's busy day at his school. He had to work security at the basketball game. To be honest, I was VERY bummed. Every year before we had gone away for at least one night on our anniversary to just be with each other. Nic told me he would take me to Hacienda before the game (I was going to the game with him...now that is one hot date). Because of some situations that happened, we only got 30 minutes to eat before the game. Ladies and gentlemen, this did not put me in a great mood, as you could imagine. After the game, we got in the car and Nic asked if I wanted to go out for a little bit before going home. It was 9:30. I wanted to go home, go to bed, and sulk. As we were driving down the road, I received a text...from my husband...who was sitting right next to me...that said, "Wanna go to Chicago?!" I almost punched him (I thought he was joking). He drove past our road and headed to the toll road.
I cannot tell you the excitement that ran through me in those five minutes. I asked him every single question...who's watching the kids? What about the dog? What about clothes? What about....EVERYTHING?!?!?! Ladies, the thought that went into this little get away was amazing. He had his sister pack for me and then snuck the bag into the car. His sister and mom stayed with the kids Friday night. My parents picked them up the next morning and kept them until Sunday. Brooke packed the kids. I still just can't believe everything Nic did to make this weekend special.
We got to stay at a hotel that had a view of the river and was a couple of blocks away from all the shopping.
We slept in. We didn't have to rush. We shopped. We took a nap...AMAZING. We walked hand in hand. We shopped again. We ate some awesome food. We didn't have to rush through our meals. We talked...a lot. We laughed. We...well...you don't need to know that part;)

 Our View:)

 Half of our lunch at Su Casa...we devoured it before I thought of taking a pic!

 View of Navy Pier from our room

 Dinner at Rock Bottom Brewery...proud of myself for trying something new!
 Our hotel

Ended with some The Hangover...oooo Bradley;)
I kept telling Nic that this get-away couldn't have come at a more perfect timing. Just the two of us. I can't thank him enough for this time that we had together. It was a time to reconnect. A time to really just be together. I can't even put into words what all of this meant to me...to our marriage. I am blessed to be married to this man.
Starla, Brooke, mom, dad, and sisters...THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for taking such good care of our babies while we got to get away! You have no idea what this meant to me.

On a totally different topic...today was also Christmas with my dad's side. It was a great day, but we missed a lot of our family that couldn't make it! We missed you guys greatly!! Hayden couldn't wait for Coco to get here!






No comments: