Thursday, August 26, 2010

I'm Back!


Seriously...has it been this long??? Yes, yes it has. Sad to say, we don't have internet at our house right now, which is really hurting my blogging...which is killing my stress relieving time...which is causing me to lay it all on my poor husband...which is making him really wanting to come to my parents so I can get on the internet to regurgitate all my feelings...which makes me feel a WHOLE lot better!
Anyways, it has been almost a week since my last blog. Good thing nothing TOO exciting happened! Hehe! I started my adventure in taking on some more kids in our household...which has kept me occupied for most of my days, running here and there, changing this diaper and that diaper, feeding baby after baby after toddler, jumping around and making funny faces just to see a smile. Our evenings have been made up of spending time with friends and learning more about the new adventure me and my husband are about to leap into.
Now, I am trying to keep everything together right now as we have spent the evening with my family since Sarah is leaving for college tomorrow. That's right, my baby sister is all grown up and is about to start a new chapter in her life...yeah, not ready for this. I will be sibling-less now and will have a HARD time with it....which means you will be hearing me (or reading) complain like no one's business. She isn't ready for this and shouldn't leave. Or maybe I am just not ready for this and want her to stay. But, I have to put on my big girl panties right now and have to be excited for her, which I am, but don't want to be right this second.
Now for the next piece of business...because of my new found revelation of being without any of siblings here in northern Indiana, I have been really thinking about what my family means to me...which has me thinking about the word 'friend'. My family has always been my best friends. They have always been there for me and has never turned their back on me...none of them. I always know that I have their support. You know that saying, "friends come and go, but family are forever?" Well, that has me thinking about what a true friend really is. I don't have many close friends...but the ones that I do have, have all these qualities...so here is what I believe a true friend is. Please add on if you feel the desire to.

A friend…

Loves at all times…during the good and the bad

Does not judge…but accepts

Listens with their ears….and gives advice when needed

Encourages you…not put you down

Rejoices with you…without jealousy

Keeps your secrets

Let’s you know when you are doing something wrong…but respectably

Stands by your side during difficult times…doesn’t walk away when times get tough

Laughs with you…not at you

Does not let the little things break your bond…but make that bond stronger

Is someone you can depend on…not have to second guess

Is someone you can trust…

Never gives up on you…but instead pushes for you and cheers you on

Comforts you…even just to lend a shoulder

Overlooks your not-so-great quirks…trust me, everyone has them

Respects you…not look down on you

Makes you smile…until your face hurts

Is loyal…someone you can count on

Cries when you cry…hurts when you hurt

Pushes you to be a better person…has your best in mind, not what can make them look better

Is honest…no matter the circumstance

Oh...by the way...my baby boy is now 4 months old...so here is my monthly letter for him:

Dear Colton,

Today you are 4 months old…blows my mind how fast this past month went. You are growing faster than I can breathe. You have changed so much this month. You are still the love bug you always have been. You are still quite content and so precious. Everyone comments about how much you smile and how happy you are. You wake up in the morning grinning ear to ear. You talk and coo ALL the time and love to giggle. You also love to move around. Your arms and legs constantly move and you are really learning how to hold onto your toys. You have been learning to take a bottle this month…which hasn’t been that easy. But you are getting better and better. But you still eat like a champ and only eat for about 5-10 minutes at a time. You have been sleeping through the night and still love to be swaddled.

You have gotten to do a lot this month, including 2 vacations. You had your first long car trip to Tennessee and your first plane trip to Arizona to meet your new cousin Rori. You did a wonderful job traveling and were a complete angel. You also went to your first movie-Ramona and Beezus. You watched the entire movie!

Colt, you are just so precious and I feel like all I want to do is hold you all the time and kiss your little cheeks. I am trying to remember every little change and every little moment.

I still pray for you every single day. I pray that God will keep you safe and help you grow into the little man He wants you to be. He holds you in His hands and loves you.

I love you my little old man.

Love,

Your Mommy

No comments: