Sunday, August 8, 2010

Home Already?

Well, I can’t believe I am already sitting back in my living room after a wonderful vacation. It seems like just yesterday I was counting the days that I would get to see my husband ALL day long for 7 days without any work interrupting our time together. And now it is already over. That whole saying that says “time flies by when you are having fun” is probably the truest thing right now. Yes, it is great to be home and back to a routine with the babies, but I already miss our time in Tennessee. We were supposed to stop at a hotel tonight and ride the rest of the way home tomorrow, but the kids were doing such a WONDERFUL time in the car we just decided to head all the way home.

I hadn’t had much time to write about the rest of our trip since last post, so I thought now is a good time to do so. Hayden is sleeping, Colton is swinging away, and Nic is mowing our too tall grass. The last two days of our vacation were actually my favorite days…they were relaxing and we didn’t HAVE to do anything. Nic and I toured a time share at Westgate Thursday morning so we receive free tickets to the Aquarium and a day’s pass for all of us to their indoor water park. So on Friday, we went to the indoor water park as soon as it opened. This place is AMAZING. The kids had a blast and it was so fun to watch them. It is amazing to watch how Hayden can interact now and be so involved compared to last year when we went to Tennessee. She was able to go down little water slides, go on a river raft with daddy, and many other things. Needless to say, the kids were quite worn out and Hayden fell asleep as soon as we got to the car. In the evening, we used our tickets to the Aquarium and spent about 3 hours looking at fish, penguins, sting rays, and many other ocean life. Hayden had the time of her life here. My grandma has that screen saver where the fish swim all over the screen and Hayden will just sit and watch it for a long time. So, when she got to see it in real life, she went crazy! There were tunnels that the kids could go under and be surrounded by fish….this was Hayden’s favorite! The best part about the whole night was that I didn’t have to watch her every move and chase her around….anywhere she went I knew she couldn’t hurt anything and she actually stayed close by us.

Last year we found this little petting zoo that we fell in love with. So, we went there again on Saturday. Once again, Hayden was in heaven. She absolutely loved being able to pet all different kinds of animals and feed them. Her favorite was the goats. She was able to go into the pen with them and chase them around. She would hug them and try kissing them. She even attempted to pick one up! Another highlight of the day was when she got to ride a real horse for the first time! I am telling you, there is nothing like watching your little girl smile and giggle and have the time of her life. Another thing we have done before is go to Sweet Fanny Adams Theatre. We had free tickets to the Saturday night showing. I was a little nervous about how Hayden would do during a 1 ½ hour show, but she sat on Nic like a little angel and watched the ENTIRE show. She was so intrigued by the different skits!

All-in-all we had a great trip with lots of laughs and memories. I think I took a little too many pictures, but I couldn’t stop! I know Hayden and Colton will never remember this trip, but I will remember it as along as I live.

Thank you Nic for making our trip so special. You are an amazing father, husband, and best friend.

Thank you Anita and Mike for letting us go with you and sharing your time share with us! You both are such giving and awesome people!

No comments: