Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Mommy/Daughter Date Night

Yesterday, I got a text from Nic saying that He wanted to take Colt to the basketball and that I should take Hayden (and Easton) out for a little date. Over the year, Nic has enjoyed taking Hayden and Colt (at separate times) to a game to have one on one time with them. They have ALWAYS loved this. They call it a date. Those of you with multiple children know that you don't always get one on one time with each child all that often. You have to make that time. It is important for them. They look forward to it.
So, last night Hayden and I went to Hacienda and then shopping. When I told her yesterday that we were going to go on a date, her face lit up and she asked about every 30 minutes when we would be leaving. She would ask, "Just me and you, Mommy?" She would tell me she couldn't wait. We ended up meeting up with Tara and Hannah for a mommy/daughter date. Hayden was in heaven. The girls had a great time, and it was a success. Needless to say, Hayden didn't want the night to end. Either did I:)



On the way home, it was HORRIBLE out...I think I went about 10 mph the entire time:) I gotta be honest, the huge snowflakes flying right at the window got me a little sick. If you know me, you know I am not a fan of driving, let alone driving in a snow storm. So...Hayden and I sang Jesus Loves Me and Jesus Loves the Little Children of the World the ENTIRE ride home, and praying and praying for safety. When we got home, Hayden said to me, "He got us home ok." Bless her heart. I love her...like A LOT.

No comments: