Monday, October 8, 2012

Little bit of everything...

I honestly can say that I absolutely love my husband home with me and the kids. Last Friday he had his man surgery and because of his line of work, he was forced to take the whole week off...darn! He rested all weekend and today felt almost all the way back to normal. The kids are loving every second of him being at home. As he was leaving for BSF tonight, the kids had asked him if he was coming back right away...they love him. 
As for me...I am keep planning all these things in my head that we can do since he is home....like cleaning out the garage, painting the boys' room, hanging shelves in Hayden's room, going to the apple orchard, carving pumpkins...you know...small things like that:) Maybe he will read this and get the hint!  Probably not. 
On another note- Easton has his first cold. It isn't too bad...mostly just stuffy during the night, which means absolutely no sleep for either of us. But I do get to cuddle with him a lot which is AWESOME! I am not really sure if it is worth calling the doctor over, though. There isn't much we can do is there? We have been doing the infant saline drops and the infant Vicks and positioning him upright. Doesn't seem to be doing much though. He is still a happy baby though!


Hayden and Colton have been entertaining themselves quite well since Nic's surgery, which has been nice for me! As for the poor house...that's a different story. 

Last week I finally started planning out meals. I always tell myself I am going to do that and bla bla bla...but then never follow through. I know almost every mom I know does this, but I am not much of a cook and I never have the exact ingredients to complete a whole meal. So I sat down with all my recipes and went through and chose about 12 meals that looked good and knew that the kids would eat. A lot of the meals make way more than what us four need to eat, so I knew I could freeze the left overs and eat later. I then wrote down ALL ingredients on a piece of paper. If I needed more than one of something, I wrote a tally mark next to that ingredient. When I was done with that, I went through my cupboards and fridge to see what I already had (that way I didn't need to buy what I didn't need). That next day I went to the grocery store (all by myself...and Easton) and gathered only the ingredients on my list. I had planned to do a bake and freeze day last Thursday...but decided not to. One step at a time, my friends. 





No comments: