Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Getting Back in the Groove

Nic is now back at work and we are starting to get a little rhythm to each day. It has been absolutely crazy and I have cried many times...but I have been trying to cherish every single moment that I am home with my three babies. I do miss my partner home with me all day though! I am finding that I just can't possibly do everything on my own as much as I would like to think so. Thankfully, my dear husband is able to help me as soon as he gets home. I am very grateful for that man. I don't know what I would do without him.
We are still having the crazy fits from Colton. He loves the baby now and makes sure he goes everywhere we go. I have set a goal to read Scripture first thing in the morning and I feel like that has helped a little with dealing with hit temper. I realized how much I really need that or by the middle of the day I am just spent. This realization came the other day when I spent 30 minutes folding laundry on our living room floor (BIG mistake) and went to put the boys' clothes away and came back to every single piece of clothing thrown throughout the room...by Colton. After I spanked him, he laughed. Oh dear. That same day he had hit Hayden as hard as he could on her ear (she has pierced ears). That day I lost it...big time...ask my mom. I never in my life felt so helpless and had absolutely NO idea what to do or how to handle it. He has never been a hitter and now all the sudden he is just whacking his sister like crazy. These last couple of days has been a little better and I have tried my best to give him the attention that he is seeking. He really does have a sweet, sweet spirit. I know he is just trying to adjust to our new life.






Hayden has been doing A LOT better this week. She has been my little helper and has wanted to cuddle often. She wants to help me any way she can and I love that about her. She is precious. She still has her melt downs but I truly think she is starting to know how to handle them better. We have to remind her to just relax and "smell the flowers" as Nic likes to say. She has been my little side kick and I have loved it. While Nic and I were gone last weekend for his tourney, we picked up some preschool books for Hayden to start to work on. Her and I spend about 45 minutes a day working in them and she absolutely loves that time. We usually work during Colton's nap time or when he goes to bed at night. It is amazing to see her progress already. We have worked on tracing different lines and shapes. Today she was to color a certain picture/shape a certain color. She is dominating it. We are going to be starting letters soon:)










Easton has been a wonderful baby. He kind of has to be though:) He loves his swing (thank Jesus!) and we have learned that he does well being swaddled at night. He is still wanting to eat every couple of hours...little chunk! He is now over his birth weight and is just a blessing. He still loves being held very tight near my neck. Easton went to his first tourney in Battle Creek this past weekend and it was just us three. he was amazing and perfect! He slept most of the time and only was awake when hungry.








When I sit back and think about how Nic and I are parents of three kids now, I am overwhelmed...in a good way. Yes, it is complete chaos...but each child is just such a gift from God and we are so grateful that God has allowed us to be their parents. The love I have for these children is almost painful. I couldn't imagine life without them.
"I love you, Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18: 1-2

No comments: