Thursday, August 16, 2012

Letter to Easton

Dear Precious Easton,

You are now 3 days old. Every time I look at your sweet little face, I can't help but thank God over and over for blessing us with such a perfect little baby boy. I am completely in love with you. You already have a the sweetest personality and love to be held close to my neck. You were very good to your father and I at the hospital that we left a day early to start our life as a family of five.
You have been a champ at nursing so far. I cherish the time that I get to spend just holding you close and feeding you. It is just me and you. Even at all hours of the night I don't mind one bit having to nurse. I have learned, however, that you don't like it when mommy eats salsa...never again baby boy will I do that to you while I am nursing!
You have had your eyes opened quite a bit for a new born and they are absolutely beautiful. They are a dark, dark blue, but I think they will turn into dark chocolate like your sister and brother. You also have a beautiful head of dark hair...for now:) Your complexion is also beautiful. It reminds me so much of your brother and sister when they were born.
Your first night at home was a little rough, but it gave me a lot of time to just memorize everything about you. Sissy and Bubby stayed at Gramma and Poppy's so we could have one more night getting used to having a new born again. I like to think you just wanted to spend time with your mommy...the entire night! You didn't sleep more than an hour at a time. But that's ok...like I said, it gave me some special time to just
You entered the world at a perfect time. My prayer was for your Uncle Adam and Aunt Jamie to be able to meet you before they left. They came into town on Sunday night and you were born on Monday morning at 11:16. We were able to come home on Tuesday and have the rest of the week with family...which also meant your daddy had the next week off to be with us as well. Your Aunt Kristen's Open House is Saturday, so more family and friends will be able to meet you as well! God is so good.
You have already been introduced to many friends and family members who absolutely love you. Some of the people you have met are:
Aunt Kristen, Aunt Sarah, Aunt Jamie, Uncle Adam, Cousin Rori, Aunt Brooke, Gramma and Poppy, Grandma Minder, Grandpa Minder, Great Gma and Gpa Minder, Great Gma and Gpa Maring, Great Gma Rushton, Sue and Tim Weathers, "Aunt" Tara and Hannah, "Aunt" Whit and "Uncle" Jason and B, Oscar, The Clem Clan. Your aunts are a little obsessed with you.
You have also already been to your first restaurant and store. On the way home from the hospital we went to McAllister's for lunch before visiting Gramma and Poppy's house. Yesterday, we made a trip to Babies R Us before getting your newborn screening. You were a prince at both places. Today you had your first appointment with the pediatrician. He said you look absolutely perfect, which I already knew:) You weighed in at 6 pounds 5 ounces, which means we need to be feeding every 2 hours until you are back to birth weight. You are a little peanut. 
Easton, you have completely stolen our hearts. You are such an amazing blessing to our family and you are absolutely perfect. I pray for you and your siblings every day. I pray that God will guide and protect you three. I pray that you will grow up following God and His Word. As much as your father and I love you, your heavenly Father loves you even more. 
I pray that I don't take a moment with you for granted. 
I love you, precious son. Don't EVER forget that.

Mommy








No comments: