Sunday, June 22, 2014

Summer so far...

Here we are a couple weeks into summer and I already feel like it has slipped away in a blink of an eye...I guess that's the way it goes:)
In the last couple weeks, Hayden has learned how to tie her shoes and ride her bike without training wheels. Wha?! All within a day of each other. It really hit me when we were at the T-ball game and Hayden was running out in the field and I asked if she needed me to tie her shoe. She looked at me and said, "No, I can do it." And she did. And I wanted to shed a tear. She's growing up so incredibly fast I feel like I can't do anything about it. She has become my helper at home, cleaning the bathrooms and the dishes and even vacuuming without me asking. The other night I heard the vacuum cleaner and she told me, "I didn't want you to have to do it later tonight, so I'm doing it right now." That right there was precious.
Colt has also been changing quite a bit. He has always been my all-boy, no emotions-just matter-of-fact. Lately he has been showing such a soft, sensitive heart. Still all-boy, but man does he have a sweet spirit. He loves his Sissy very much...to the point that he ONLY wants to play catch with her at T-ball and is very protective of her. He wants so badly to be her best friend and do EVERYTHING she does. His feelings get hurt very easily lately. It breaks my heart sometimes to see what makes him upset.
Easton is still the easy going boy...so content with life and in his own little world. Although he is still our little tornado, he just smiles and life is just grand. And man, his smile...that will make anyone's heart melt. I have found with him, when he needs to be disciplined, all you have to do is look at him and he breaks down....so not like my other two:) I am pretty sure he is THE most cuddliest (is that a word?) in the world. And he will cuddle with ANYONE. He knows no stranger. For real.
This will be the third week for Summer School. I have been really enjoying it...I love still being connected to my students over the summer. I have also am all moved to my new classroom over at East. The kids have done an amazing job letting me get everything done. They have had their moments, but all in all everything has gone pretty smooth. I laugh because if I didn't have my three kids running around the classroom and getting out EVERY SINGLE thing, I could have had it all set up within 2 days:)
Nic has been staying busy with basketball and work. I am so proud of that man. He is on his way home right now from a weekend away at Indiana State for a tourney for the girls. He is doing great things for that program and I hope that the girls see his love for them as a coach and how much he believes in them.
All in all the summer is off to a great start...we leave for Hilton Head on Friday...FINALLY!!!! Don't worry, everything is already packed and waiting by the door:)


No comments: