Thursday, January 10, 2013

Interesting Start to the New Year

We are coming to the end of the week. What a LONG week. Not only was it Hayden's first week of preschool, I was missing my partner in crime...he was/is down from the flu. Monday night was the ND championship game. We had many people over. Before the end of the game, Nic was throwing up in the bathroom...and no it wasn't because of alcohol.
Luckily, most of our company had left at half time. The rest of the night was downhill from there. Then the longest night started...fever, chills, and throwing up every 30 minutes until the sun came up. I felt SO bad for Nic. For the next couple of days he stayed in our room...the rest of us staying in the family room. He finally went to the doctor today. He tested positive for influenza...duh! He isn't supposed to return to work until Monday. The good news is he isn't throwing up anymore...but he is still fighting fevers every once in awhile.
I just keep praying that the rest of us stay healthy. We are going on about a month of sickness between Nic and the kids. Not cool:) I keep praying that God would allow the sickness to skip over me as well. The mom takes care of the kids when they are sick and the husband when he is sick...but who takes care of the mom??
Needless to say it has been one challenging week without my other half. Got a little dose of what being a single mother is like. I'm tired.
However, now that Hayden is in school, we have started getting a routine down. Since I haven't gotten called to sub yet, I have been picking up Hayden after her lunch time. I miss her during the day...but Colt is loving having free reign of the house. He has no one to bother and terrorize. Ha.
Here is what are days have been looking like:
-I wake up and get ready around 6:45
-I start waking Hayden up around 7...which is a challenge in and of itself. I have to take it slow with her...she isn't quite the morning person.
-Leave the house around 7:30 so she is at school by 8 for breakfast
- Come home, get the baby and Colton dressed and fed.
-Play
-Lay Easton down for a morning nap (he is finally napping in the crib)
-Get the laundry going, do dishes, and pick up
-Play some more
-Leave the house around 11:30 to pick Hayden up after her lunch
-Come home and feed the boys
-Put all the kids down for a nap
-fight with all the kids to nap
-after an hour of going in and out of rooms, kids are finally all asleep
-Play with kids...and feed Easton
-Get dinner ready
-Eat dinner
-Clean up from dinner
-Get kids in the bath
-Do devotions
-Watch one episode of Mickey Mouse
-Start getting the kids in bed
-Feed Easton
-Fold laundry
-Sit down FINALLY
-Watch my recorded TV shows:)
-Drift off to sleep
Oh, and in between each point add in Check on Nic.
I know things will look different when I sub...but it's a start. The boys will be with my mom so at least they are starting to get into a little bit of a routine and Hayden will stay at school throughout the day until I am done working.
She is loving preschool. She keeps talking about her friend, Bethany. She keeps asking to go to her house:) Every time I pick her up she has a HUGE smile on her face and can't wait to show me what she has made that day. I keep telling my mom and Nic how weird it is to walk in and see her listening to a book being read, finishing her lunch, or skipping around the corner after putting her paper in her cubby. She just looks so grown up. Sometimes just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. Her teacher keeps telling me how well she is doing and how sweet she is...makes my heart proud. I love her to pieces.
Ok, well since everyone is finally asleep, I need to get some sleep myself. If this doesn't make sense or seems all over the place...I blame it on the lack of sleep:)
Night y'all!

No comments: