Thursday, September 5, 2013

Playing Catch Up

A lot has changed over the last few months here at the Minder household. Hayden started Preschool at ECA, Easton turned one, Nic hurt his leg...thought he would lose his job because of it, I started teaching again, and Colt...he is still Colt:)
Hayden has done SO incredibly well adjusting to all day preschool. After what we went through last year I was terrified for this new chapter. I was nervous. But she absolutely loves school, even though apparently she doesn't talk...at all...in class. She sure does talk about it at home though! It brings me absolute joy to hear her talk about her teachers, her friends, what she is learning. She is thriving and I am thankful for it.
I have started teaching Kindergarten at Concord and feel absolutely blessed where God has placed me. Don't get me wrong, the transition from staying home with my babies for 3 years to full time kindergarten has been shaky at times, but I love it. The staff that I am surrounded with is amazing. I do have to catch myself saying to my kindergarteners "You need to listen to mommy" and saying to my own children "if you don't stop, I am going to change your clip." Life has sure been interesting. I am sure it will take time to get used to all these changes. Being a working mom isn't quite as bad when you love your job.
Nic has stepped up totally and has been Mr. Mom and actually a better housewife than I was. My house has never been more clean than it is right at this second and our cabinets actually have food in them...ha.



No comments: